X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oppinion about GL

Some time has passed and saw many GL with good eq and i want to hear your honest oppinion.
    Is GL a must have in parties for aft2/b3f , manticore/kimzark hunts?
    Get rich with FCHH or die trying!

As far my experience reached in parties, GL is only wanted for it's damage (It's fatals are op) and suppression (very usefull in high-end dungs aft2/eod3). Accuracy buff is nearly useless imo...
    But I don't think it's a necessary class after all
    I don't need to "get a life". I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

Comment

Originally posted by 7daan7 View Post
      As far my experience reached in parties, GL is only wanted for it's damage (It's fatals are op) and suppression (very usefull in high-end dungs aft2/eod3). Accuracy buff is nearly useless imo...
      But I don't think it's a necessary class after all
      It also has a -def and -resist amp synergy which can be useful in parties. I wouldn't say it's a "must-have" to have GL in party since anything can and were able to be completed before GL even existed, but GL does have its usefulness in party.

Comment

Originally posted by Vintage View Post

It also has a -def and -resist amp synergy which can be useful in parties. I wouldn't say it's a "must-have" to have GL in party since anything can and were able to be completed before GL even existed, but GL does have its usefulness in party.
        in a aFT2/eod3 party I still prefer an extra FS or WA. (Wa's panic can compete with GL's suppression + -def and -resist amp synergy, and FS's SS can take extra damage for the party, + aod/agro to safe the party from dying. FS has suppression as well, to compete with GL's supp)

Comment

Don't forget that gladiator can give rage shield to any party member. That way he can save your life big time

Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate!
          http://i.imgur.com/2L16fpx.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSideCookie View Post
            Don't forget that gladiator can give rage shield to any party member. That way he can save your life big time

True that, but most GL's use it for themself I suppose to keep theyr bloody buff longer.

It'll be hard to controll that buff very well to use it on other party members I think (never tried it tho ), because the HP of party members has like 1 second delay (when a boss makes a spike, I see the HP from my party members go down like 1 sec later)

Comment

True that, but most GL's use it for themself I suppose to keep theyr bloody buff longer.

It'll be hard to controll that buff very well to use it on other party members I think (never tried it tho ), because the HP of party members has like 1 second delay (when a boss makes a spike, I see the HP from my party members go down like 1 sec later)
              Think of it at manticore or minisha. Giving that buff to fs to tank longer

Still, u can save someone from a tough spot, even with a delay.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSideCookie View Post

Think of it at manticore or minisha. Giving that buff to fs to tank longer

Still, u can save someone from a tough spot, even with a delay.
                agree on that! +1

Comment

because the HP of party members has like 1 second delay (when a boss makes a spike, I see the HP from my party members go down like 1 sec later)
                  But number of mob's hit appear w/o delay (which every bright fa need to konw :3 ) so i dont see this as some disadvantage.

GL acc buff is nice, but imo gl is not needed in any party, just like fa. Btw how could be gl a must if boss hunts/aft/eod3 were done even before gl update?

Comment

Originally posted by Sup3rb View Post

But number of mob's hit appear w/o delay (which every bright fa need to konw :3 ) so i dont see this as some disadvantage.

GL acc buff is nice, but imo gl is not needed in any party, just like fa. Btw how could be gl a must if boss hunts/aft/eod3 were done even before gl update?

I know that aft/b3f have been finished w/o GL but i was asking because i thought it's easier to finish those dungs or kill manticore/kimzark faster if you take a GL instead of other char.
                    Get rich with FCHH or die trying!

Comment

Originally posted by portishead View Post

I know that aft/b3f have been finished w/o GL but i was asking because i thought it's easier to finish those dungs or kill manticore/kimzark faster if you take a GL instead of other char.
                      Like said above, GL has its uses but it isn't like that it makes a HUGE difference to notice it unless you were specifically looking for it. Imo the GL synergy would add like 1-2k more dps on a crit on a boss for each pt member. (similar effect from -def synergy as with other classes' bm3) And there will be lil GL debuff in future for -def which was around same as "lower defence" debuff if I am not wrong. (will check that a bit later, cba atm while typing this on my phone) and the extra few sec of suppression is helpful in certain situations.

At the end of the day, people are still unsure about how GL works in a pt, so this class isn't very often brought in parties (from what I noticed but hey, I may be wrong) since people lack knowledge of the party usage and gameplay of GL. Most people would still prefer a different class to take for reasons such as debuffs(wa/fb) or aggro-taking (fs/bl) because people are used to these classes and they often make things go smoother and faster, making a bigger difference perhaps.

Comment

I agree with Vintage. People still don't know the full potencial of gladiator because there are very few people to play it.

I myself went for it because I wanted something new, something fresh, something that still has to be figured out.
                        Gladiator is an unique class because of it's rage system. Gladiators damage, buff efects,... everything depends on it (it will get much easier after next update).

Some people say that gladiator is weak. I mostly heard this from players that had 10 amp or even better eq on previous characters that they palyed. GL has just came out and people already expect it to be something big... It took time for the first 6 classes to drop/obtain strong eq and so it will take time for gladiator.

As Vintage said, people don't really know how well gladiators work in parties. This is true, but only because there is not enough people playing it + there are barely any gladiators that have decent eq to do high dungeons so it will take time here.

From what I heard, gladiator is a huge damage dealer. Strong enough to take aggro from bl on pf bosses.

And to all people that say GL is op because of it's bm3 fatal. We need rage to make huge damage there and at times it can be hard to maintain it as high as possible.

Comment

GL is i class
                          for me WA is 10times beter then GL
                          this rage sistem is total crap
                          only good is gl have 3 range skills thats all

Comment

Originally posted by kikimora View Post
                            GL is i class
                            for me WA is 10times beter then GL
                            this rage sistem is total crap
                            only good is gl have 3 range skills thats all
                            3 buffs that currently require rage will not require it anymore with next update, which should make things easier. I do agree with the fact that currently GL does require too much rage for buffs,it just is too hard as a class-changer to adapt to it well, because you are inclined to wanting to use all of these buffs but you cannot use them to full extent together.(Art of Rage buff, which refills your rage to full, has a huge CT -.-'') So much thinking goes towards timing and so on, it can be rather confusing.

Comment

for me GL is copy to wa : Rage Resist = Instant Immunity
                              Bloodyrusk = Bloody Spirit (fs = mortal bane)
                              and fs : Rage Shield = Shadow Shield

?same skills different names
                              ?nothing original or unique

only good skill is vital charge : no ct no cd
                              thats all

and 1 pt buff - big dial

Comment

Working...
                              X