X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with HP absorb on my Blader

Been having problems survivng, more importantly with HP absorb. It steals veeeeeeery little amount of HP no matter how big of a group of enemies it is or how big the damage. I basically cant survive on current build and i would like some help.

Weird thing is that my FB recovers more hp and can survive with very familiar hp absorb.

Hello!

watch this little guide and you know why you dont have high amount of HP Steal ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb17ZIFZWvw

Comment

Originally posted by Rias View Post
      Hello!

watch this little guide and you know why you dont have high amount of HP Steal ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb17ZIFZWvw

Useful little video! So basically i will just steal how much my limit up is, per enemy? Thanks.

Comment

It used to work like this, and I don't think much has changed.

1) You steal per skill (or attack), not hit, so if you hit 4 times with a skill, you only leech back once, at the beginning of the animation.
        2) Your imposed limit of maximum HP recovered is 5% of your total HP points.

Taking that into account, here's what we have. Let's assume you have the following situation:

Level 200 BL - You will get a default of Level/10 of Max HP/MP steal her hit. At 200 this is 20, at 199, this is 19 (always rounded down).
        6000 HP - The limit to how much HP you can get back (not the actual leeched value) used to be 5% of HP pool, so in theory, you could get back 300 HP per skill/hit, without factoring anything else.
        Random damage value of 8000 per claw/skill - This would be your current damage, let's assume it's 8000, but replace in the formula with your real one.
        4%HP Steal of the total damage - This is part of the formula below, and it's your character amount.
        71 Max HP steal her hit - One of the formula coefficients

The formula is: %HP steal * damage = +HP steal, as long as +HP steal items are higher than this value, and at the same time below 5% HP pool.

To explain it step by step:

1) 4% HP steal x 8000 damage = 320 potential HP steal - you could leech 320HP back due to your % and damage
        2) Because of your HP pool the actual limit is 5% * 6000 (300) which is less than 320 above generated by damage and %HP steal, your new limit is therefore 300 HP steal until you increase your HP pool (which is why buffs are important)
        3) The game looks for the +HP steal value, and compares it to this 300 limit. You have 71 which is <300, so it's ok, so you get back that 71 HP per hit.

Now, to optimize these values, you have to adjust them based on:

1) Your damage
        2) Your HP pool
        3) Your +HP limit
        4) Your %HP steal value

If I want to steal 140 HP per hit (which is a reasonable amount for my WI), and I dish out around 7000 damage, I'd have
        %HP * 7000 = 140 HP -> %HP = 140/7000 = 0.02 = 2% ... so to steal all of that 140 HP, I need 2% HP steal at 7000 damage.

if I increase my defense and damage through gear, and I feel safe to leech back 100 HP only, or I sacrificed HP steal for Amulet of Pain for instance, I'd have:
        %HP * 12000 (my new damage value) = 100 +HP steal (my desired HP back) needed => the % that I have to wear is x/100 * 12000 = 100, x = 100/120 = 0.8 = 1% HP steal in order to leech back 100 HP per hit worth 12.000 damage.

If on the other hand I have 2% HP steal and dish out 9000 damage and don't know how much +HP to wear for maximum efficiency, then:
        2% * 9000 = ? HP -> ? +HP steal = 18000/100 = 180 +HP steal per hit ... but wearing 180 might mean I give up on damage, so I could go for 1% and 90+HP steal

All in all, the higher the damage value, the lower the % you need to wear to leech back the same amount of HP (provided you have enough +HP steal value)

When I do the math for my characters, I start by:

1) Looking at my HP pool and calculating the 5% limit
        2) I look at the damage that I deal, and find out how much HP i can get back for each value (1%, 2%, 3%)
        3) I choose the +HP steal value that I feel safe with getting back (100 or 140 per hit), and then adjust the %HP as found above
        Last edited by RatzaTM; 04-23-2017, 03:12 PM.
        Ratzemporium (Jupiter) | Wizards for life | Crafting Guru

Comment

• TheHusky
          TheHusky commented
          Editing a comment
          This is an excelent and very informative post. Thanks. I will go through this and do the calculation by myself!

• RatzaTM
          RatzaTM commented
          Editing a comment
          Also, do the math for noncrits, not crits, unless you got 70cr or so ) .. you might not crit a lot in a row which will severely affect your vamp

• TheHusky
          TheHusky commented
          Editing a comment
          Currently my CR on blader is . Im struggling with CR a lot. FB spoiled me :/
      Working...
      X